This recipe was showcased at the cooking demonstration on Saturday 27 July.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 500mL reduced salt vegetable stock
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced tomato paste
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans (no added salt), drained and rinsed
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved fresh parmesan (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the crushed garlic for the last minute to cook.
Add all other ingredients except parsley and parmesan. Cover saucepan with lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes until vegetables are cooked through.
Serve topped with parsley and parmesan.
Click on the following link to download this recipe: Easy Butter Bean Stew