Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Burrito Bowl
- 1/2 a head of cos lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of slow cooker pulled pork
- 1 cup of cooked black or pinto beans
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup of finely diced raw onion
- 1/2 an avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 handful of organic fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Dollop of sour cream
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- Granulated garlic, to taste
- Hot sauce or salsa, to taste
- Cook the rice according to packaged directions. Rinse and dry the lettuce, tomato, and coriander. Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces, cut the tomato into small chunks, and roughly chop the coriander. Peel and dice the onion finely. Peel and chop the avocado.
- Heat a small pan to medium-low, add the pulled pork with a little of the cooking liquid (it will be solidified at first) and reheat slowly. If using canned beans, rinse the beans in a colander over the sink. If reheating cooked beans, you can use the same pan as the pulled pork.
- Once the rice is cooked and the pork and beans have been heated through, assemble the bowls by placing the ingredients in the order mentioned above, then add your preferred toppings, and dig in immediately.