Sweet and sour pork
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 600g pork fillets, cut into 3cm size pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 green capsicum, diced
- 225g can pineapple pieces in syrup, drained with juice reserved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour combined with 1 tablespoon water
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or frying pan and cook the pork in batches until well browned. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok and cook the onion and capsicum for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Return the pork to the pan with the pineapple, 1/3 cup reserved juice, garlic, tomato sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire and cornflour mixture and cook on high for a further 2-3 minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Transfer sweet and sour pork to a serving dish and serve with steamed rice.