Recipe: Slow Cooker Bread
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) warm water
- 500g (3 1/3 cups) bread & pizza flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil to brush
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the water in a small bowl. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and the remaining water. Stir to combine, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl, adding another tablespoon of water if necessary. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 11/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Line the base of a slow cooker with baking paper. Press the risen dough into the slow cooker. Brush with oil.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 hours (the edges will be browned and the top still pale).
- Preheat a grill to medium. Transfer the bread to a tray. Grill the bread for 6 minutes, turning halfway or until the top and base are golden. Let cool to room temperature. Slice and serve.