- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 8 taco shells
- assorted toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion and shredded cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef and break up with a spatula. Add the onion to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is done and onion is soft, 5-6 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir to coat the meat in the seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the beef into the taco shells and add toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Serve immediately.