Beetroot & Lentil Salad with Beef
- 2 bunches beetroot, ends trimmed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 Beef Porterhouse Steaks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 120g Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 50g smooth fetta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180C. Wrap each beetroot in foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 45 mins or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Cover and set aside for 45 mins to soak.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Scatter the walnuts over the tray and drizzle with honey. Bake for 5-7 mins or until lightly toasted and caramelised.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Season the steaks. Cook for 3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thinly slice.
- Wearing gloves, carefully peel the beetroot. Thickly slice lengthways. Drain the onion, reserving the vinegar mixture. Add the oil and mustard to the vinegar mixture and whisk to combine. Season with pepper.
- Combine beetroot, onion, lentils, rocket and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Sprinkle with walnuts and fetta. Top with beef.