Callum Hann’s Citrus Soufflé
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 60g Caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 Tablespoon cornflour
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 Egg whites
- Extra caster sugar, for dusting
- Cooking oil spray
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- Preheat oven to 190o
- Place the lemon zest, 60g sugar and cornflour in a small saucepan and whisk to combine. Add lemon juice and orange juice. Bring mixture to the boil, whisking, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and allow the citrus syrup to cool while you prepare the eggs.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the extra one tablespoon of sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold through the citrus syrup. Spray four ramekins with oil and dust lightly with sugar. Spoon the soufflé mixture into the dishes until ¾ full, place the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Serve soufflés immediately topped with a dollop of crème fraiche.