Recipe: Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 200g cup mushrooms, trimmed, quartered
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, trimmed, quartered
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat butter and oil together in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, or until softened. Sprinkle over flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add stock, stirring constantly. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered over a medium-low heat, for 5 minutes. Stir in cream and mustard. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for a further 8-10 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Stir in parsley. Season.
- We recommend serving with roast lamb and roasted vegetables.
Roast Lamb Recipe