Warm Chicken Salad with Avocado
- 250g chicken breast sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan spices blend
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves of choice
- 12–14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper/capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Sprinkle the chicken slices with the Moroccan spices and salt and rub in with your hands.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken slices and cook for 4-5minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove and rest for a few minutes.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and whisk together the salad dressing. Toss the salad (except for avocado) with the dressing and divide between two bowls. Top with a few slices of chicken each and sliced avocado.