Winter entertaining: classic cheese fondue
Entertain in style this Winter and delight your guests with an indulgent, classic cheese fondue. With just a few ingredients you can whip this up in the Davis and Waddell 1.3 litre fondue set, available in Barossa Fresh’s cheese hall, in no time!
Prep : 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Serves: 4-5
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 225g shredded Swiss cheese
- 225g shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 French baguette stick, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- Bring wine to a simmer in a fondue pot.
- Stir in flour and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add Swiss and Gruyere cheeses, 1/4 pound at a time, mixing after each addition until cheese is melted. Season with salt.
- Serve with baguette cubes